SEN UNIT LEAD/SENCo (Associate Assistant Headteacher SEN) - WITHIN A MAINSTREAM SCHOOL
|Grade||Leadership Pay Scale 1-6|
|Perm / Temp||Permanent|
|Required||From January 2022 |
BARDEN PRIMARY SCHOOL
Burnley Campus , Barden Lane , Burnley , Lancashire , BB10 1JD
Tel: 01282 682277
School website: www.barden.lancs.sch.uk
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO VIEW THE VIDEO MESSAGE FROM THE HEADTEACHER WHICH EXPLAINS THE ROLE (and job title) IN MORE DETAIL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LazODKJ9Dwo
Required for January 2022 (or as soon as possible if your school is willing to agree to an early release date)
Full time and Permanent
UNIQUE AND EXCITING OPPORTUNITY for an experienced, enthusiastic and committed teacher with experience of working with children with social, communication and interaction needs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, skilled, committed and hard-working person to join our wonderful Barden team as a member of the senior leadership team. We are in the unique and exciting process of establishing a 16-place primary SEN unit within our mainstream school, to cater for pupils with social, communication and interaction needs (which may include pupils with ASD).
You will lead a specially built and adapted unit, catering for pupils with social, communication and interaction needs, based within our school, which is planned to open in January 2022 (dependent upon building work). You will be required to take the lead (in consultation with senior leaders) on planning and implementing the structure, staffing, curriculum provision and resourcing of the unit. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an already established, or aspiring leader, to join our Barden team and play a significant role in leading and planning the direction for this new SEN unit provision embedded within a large, exciting, forward-thinking and continuously improving primary school.
Alongside the leadership/SENCo role, once the unit has opened, the successful applicant will be the lead teacher, responsible for teaching a class within the unit. They will be responsible for ensuring that the pupils attending the unit receive their curriculum entitlement as set out in their Statements of SEND and achieve their individual potential.
What you can expect from us:
- A commitment to promoting true staff well-being to support you.
- Regular training and CPD opportunities.
- A positive and supportive working environment.
- Working within a supportive senior leadership team.
- A specialist SEN unit setting within a mainstream school in a rural environment that prides itself on its facilities and outdoor learning opportunities.
- Fantastically behaved children in our existing mainstream school.
- Amazing facilities within our campus setting (including access to a climbing wall, excellent sporting facilities, woodland area, spacious and airy classrooms, large playing fields and an athletics track).
What we expect of you:
- Acting as an inspirational and effective leader within our SEN unit, fulfilling the roles outlined within the job description.
- Being an outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Being an active, enthusiastic and valued member of the school’s senior leadership team.
- Ensuring progress towards EHCP outcomes and learning intentions.
- Being positive and adaptable.
- Being hard working and enthusiastic.
- Being an excellent role model within Barden Primary School.
School Tours - Visits to the school are strongly recommended to find out more about us and experience our wonderful school for yourself. All visits will be strictly in line with the covid safety measures in place at that time (next academic year). To book a visit, please call the school office on 01282 682277.
You can also view our school via our 360 degree tour by clicking here https://www.barden.lancs.sch.uk/school-tour/ If you require further information, please call to speak to the headteacher (firstname.lastname@example.org) or deputy headteacher on 01282 682277.
Closing Date: 24th September 9am
Shortlisting: 24th - 27th September 2021
Proposed Interview Date: 11th and 12th October (TBC)
- Proposed Interview Date:
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Please return to email@example.com
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.