UPPER KS2 CLASS TEACHER - WITH A MATHS FOCUS
|Grade||Teachers Pay Range|
|Perm / Temp||Permanent|
|Required||From 1st September 2021  |
|Closing Date||12pm on 21/06/2021 |
WHALLEY CHURCH OF ENGLAND PRIMARY SCHOOL
Church Lane , Whalley , Clitheroe , BB7 9SY
Tel: 01254 823348
School website: www.whalley.lancsngfl.ac.uk
The Governors at Whalley Church of England Primary School are seeking to appoint an experienced teacher with a passion for Maths to work as part of our Upper KS2 phase team from 1st September 2021. This is a permanent position.
While this is a classteacher role based in one of three mixed age upper KS2 classes, the maths focus is essential as, for maths and English each morning, the learning is delivered by specialist teachers.
Two of the upper KS2 staff teach the English across Y5 and Y6. The new position will involve sharing the teaching of Maths across the phase each morning. In the afternoon, the teacher will take on the role of classteacher.
We have used this approach successfully in the past and intend to reintroduce it in September, Covid restrictions allowing. The successful candidate must also be able to deliver the English curriculum effectively, if bubbles remain in place.
All our teachers take on the role of a subject leader and an interest in computing or music is desirable but not essential
We would like to recruit someone who:
- Is an outstanding teacher across the curriculum
- Has a record of effectiveness in the delivery of mathematics
- Knows how to inspire children across a range of abilities
- Has experience of teaching in upper KS2
- Is creative in their approach
- Is enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Has high expectations for achievement and behaviour.
- Has full QTS status
- Has successfully led a subject
In return we can offer:
- Well motivated and enthusiastic children who have a positive attitude towards learning;
- Support and CPD from the SLT;
- A friendly, welcoming and hard-working team of staff who work in partnership with all stakeholders in school.
Start Date: 1st September 2021 (if current employer allows release from contract)
- Proposed Interview Date:
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Please note CVs are not accepted, to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the application form attached and return it to the school
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.