|Grade||Teachers Pay Range|
|Perm / Temp||Temporary|
|Required||From 01/09/2021  to 31/08/2022 |
|Closing Date||Midday, 12 noon 18/06/2021 |
ABBEY VILLAGE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Bolton Road , Abbey Village , Chorley , PR6 8DD
Tel: 01254 830489
School website: www.abbeyvillage.lancs.sch.uk
We are looking for a fantastic teacher who goes the extra mile for our children. You will need to be an excellent practitioner who is able to understand that all our children are individual and like you, have bags of potential! We are a forward thinking, friendly school at the heart of our rural, village community. Have you got what it takes to become a member of Team Abbey Village and help our children to realise their full potential? What professional skills and expertise can you bring to our highly committed and dedicated team who are leading our school into a new, bright future?
- Be passionate that every child can excel so they reach their academic potential and are confident and creative when they start high school
- Be an inspirational and excellent teacher
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills that will assist you in leading/shadowing in curriculum areas
- Have a strong knowledge and understanding of both the KS1 and KS2 Curriculum (specific expertise with Year 2 would be an advantage)
- Support our commitment to the wider curriculum offer and be prepared to lead a lunch time club
- Work collaboratively within our team
- Be a passionate subject leader who promotes a love of learning for their subject(s) ( we are particularly looking for someone who has the passion to lead Science or Computing)
-Be able to use IT effectively to enhance teaching and learning where appropriate
- Go the extra mile in terms of time and effort to ensure every child reaches their potential
We can offer:
- A happy school within which everyone is valued
- Truly wonderful children who want to learn and are a pleasure to teach
- Great CPD opportunities both within school and wider afield
- A system of supervision to support your well-being as a member of our team
- Opportunities to advance your career and develop your subject leadership skills
- An excellent and friendly team of colleagues who will support you
- A Senior Leadership Team who are committed to the principles of positive work/life balance
- Committed and supported parents
- A strong and supportive Governing Body
- A rare opportunity to teach within a rural village environment that offers fantastic local opportunities to develop children's learning.
More information about the school can be found from our school website: www.abbeyvillageprimaryschool.co.uk
If you are an excellent teacher who places the child at the centre of all that you do, we want to hear from you!
Applications should include the attached application form, along with a letter of application. When writing your letter of application, please evidence each of the person specification criteria, giving concrete examples for each point and demonstrating impact.
School Visits: We are offering the opportunity for potential candidates to visit our school. This will be strictly by appointment only and outside our normal teaching hours. A maximum of 5 people will be within a tour group with the full expectation that prospective candidates will wear appropriate face coverings. Please call the school office and speak to Mrs Maxine Tildsley to book an appointment 01254 830 489
Wednesday 9th June at 4pm, 4.30pm and 5pm
Closing date: Friday 18th June at 12 midday ( shortlisting will take place on this day)
Interview: Monday 5th July 2021
Essential Qualifications Qualified Teacher
NQTs and early career teachers are welcome to apply
Essential Experience Teaching in both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
- Proposed Interview Date:
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Please note CVs are not accepted, to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the application form attached.
Return forms to the Headteacher at the School: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.