NURSERY TEACHER (MATERNITY COVER)
|Salary||£29664 to £ 41604|
|Perm / Temp||Temporary|
|Required||From 31/10/2022  to 31/10/2023 |
ST JAMES' CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL. SKELMERSDALE
Ashurst Road , Ashurst , Skelmersdale , Lancashire , WN8 6TN
Tel: 01695 728989
School website: www.st-james-pri.lancs.sch.uk
Vacancy – Nursery teacher for maternity cover
(1 year contract – initially)
MPS3 – UPS3
Required 31st October 2022 or ASAP f until 31st October 2023
The Governors of St James’ Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an experienced warm, energetic, enthusiastic, hardworking, professional and highly motivated Nursery teacher
The post is a fixed term contract for 12 months initially
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Plan, teach and assess the progress of the children in our Nursery and Busy Bees units
- Lead a keen team of staff within the setting.
- Have up-to date EYFS curriculum knowledge and be proactive with the latest educational initiatives
- Exceptional communication skills
- Love children
- Have enthusiasm, energy, motivation and a strong work ethic.
- Be an exemplary team player
- Willingness to lead/housekeep History and geography subject leader throughout the school (the bespoke curriculum is established)
- Have a good sense of humour
What we can offer:
- A happy, inclusive, family orientated working environment
- A friendly dynamic team of staff
- A bespoke curriculum devised with an Early Years consultant
- Up to date CPD to enhance your practice and career development
- A supportive and proactive leadership and management team
- Work-life balance
School visits are encouraged these will take place on Monday 26th September 4:00p.m. and Tuesday 27th September 3:45p.m. If you are unable to make this visit please call to arrange an alternative time.
If you would like to apply for the position, please complete the CES support staff application form, a copy of which is available from the school office or online and return to Mrs Blacoe by Friday 30th September 2022. Interviews will take place on Friday 7th October 2022.
St James’ Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates.
Rehabilitation The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
More Information can be found at www.st-james-pri.lancs.sch.uk
- Essential Qualifications
Qualified Teacher Statuas
- Desirable Qualifications
- Essential Experience
Recent experience of teaching EYFS pupils
- Desirable Experience
Experience of subject leadership
- Proposed Interview Date:
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Please return all completed Application forms by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.