|Grade||MAIN SCALE/UPPER PAY SCALE|
|Perm / Temp||Permanent|
|Required||From 01/09/2022 |
|Closing Date||6 pm Tuesday 07/06/2022|
BRINSCALL ST JOHN'S CHURCH OF ENGLAND/METHODIST PRIMARY SCHOOL
Harbour Lane , Brinscall , Chorley , PR6 8PT
Tel: 01254 830700
School website: www.brinscall.lancs.sch.uk
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic and extremely motivated teacher. The post is a key appointment for the continued success of our wonderful school, and our aim is to find the right person to join our highly dedicated and hardworking team.
Our main criteria for this appointment is an excellent teacher, who likes children and loves teaching! They will be supportive of, and embrace, our Christian ethos and have a commitment to uphold our values, vision and mission statement.
We wish to appoint a strong, effective teacher who:
- is passionate about planning and delivering an inspiring, creative and challenging curriculum and has the ability to achieve high standards while being approachable and makes learning fun;
- sets, and expects, very high standards and holds themselves to account through reflective practice and can evidence outstanding teaching within a range of abilities;
- can demonstrate effectiveness in developing pupil confidence and delivering excellent pupil progress and outcomes (particularly in mathematics);
- will promote, our Christian ethos and is committed to the highest expectations and outcomes for all our children, whilst enabling them to develop a love and enthusiasm for learning;
- has relevant and recent experience of teaching within the primary phase and is passionate about delivering high quality, varied and exciting learning experiences for our children;
- who has the stamina and resilience to commit to our school improvement plan to raise standards and to make an impact through being part of, and contributing to, an excellent team;
- demonstrates high standards of behaviour management;
- wants to be involved in the broader life of school, while being an excellent team player and has the ability to maintain positive relationships with parents, pupils, governors and colleagues;
- is organised, efficient, works hard, is happy, and has an excellent attendance at work record.
We can offer you:
- an outstanding, warm and welcoming caring Church School which has a strong Christian ethos and where children are put at the heart of all we do;
- a friendly, committed, professional and forward looking staff family who are committed to raising standards;
- happy, lively, enthusiastic, and conscientious pupils;
- hardworking and supportive colleagues who demonstrate drive and passion, and have a strong commitment to continual school improvement and devotion to provide outstanding learning experiences for all pupils;
- a beautiful setting, large grounds and opportunities for outdoor learning experiences.
- an enthusiastic and supportive governing body who are not afraid to challenge and support the team to strive for excellence at all levels.
Rehabilitation The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
More Information can be found at www.brinscall.lancs.sch.uk
- Essential Qualifications
- Qualified Teacher Status; Degree
- Essential Experience
Essential Experience: See job specification for details.
- Desirable Experience
Desirable Experience: See job specification for details.
- Proposed Interview Date:
For an informal discussion please contact:Please ring our School Business Manager, Carole Lormor to arrange an appointment to look round school
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Brinscall St John's C/E Methodist Primary School
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.