SEND RESOURCE BASE CLASS TEACHER
|Grade||MPS - UPS3 (dependent upon experience)|
|Perm / Temp||Permanent|
|Required||From 1 September 2022 |
|Closing Date||Noon 16/05/2022|
MORECAMBE BAY COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL
Station Road , Morecambe , LA4 5JL
Tel: 01524 401002
School website: www.morecambebay.lancs.sch.uk
Morecambe Bay Community Primary School are delighted to be able to expand their existing support for children with a range of additional learning needs and are looking to recruit a highly skilled teacher committed to inclusion to be involved in the setting up/running of a SEND Resource Base for children with social, emotional, language and communication needs. You will work closely with the SENDCO to ensure that the best possible provision is offered at all times.
Rehabilitation The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
- Essential Qualifications
Degree with QTS
- Desirable Qualifications
SEND Qualification/evidence of further study
- Essential Experience
You will have:
- a proven track record of good teaching, learning and assessment in Key Stages 1 and 2
- a commitment to inclusion and experience of working with children with a variety of social, emotional and communication needs
- up-to-date knowledge of the National Curriculum and how best to adapt it to differentiate for additional needs
- effective behaviour management strategies using a 'trauma-informed' approach
- Desirable Experience
You will be able to:
- create a learning environment to support the needs of all learners in the Resource Base
- work closely as part of a team to promote high standards within the Resource Base and the wider school - helping children to successfully integrate when appropriate
- Proposed Interview Date:
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Return forms to the Headteacher at the School
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.