YEAR 1 CLASS TEACHER
|Grade||Teachers Pay Range|
|Perm / Temp||Temporary|
|Required||From 01/09/2021  to 31/08/2022 |
|Closing Date||12:00 11/06/2021 |
WHITTLE-LE-WOODS CHURCH OF ENGLAND PRIMARY SCHOOL
Preston Road , Whittle-le-Woods , Chorley , PR6 7PS
Tel: 01257 262732
School website: www.whittleprimary.com
Do you love teaching?
Can you enable every single child to make great progress?
Governors are seeking to appoint a full time Class Teacher, qualified to teach Y1-Y6, to join our dedicated, hardworking and experienced School Team; this will be a fixed term position in the first instance running for the full academic year 2021/22 with the potential to become permanent.
We are looking for a candidate with potential to be an outstanding teacher who will make a significant contribution to the progress of our School from Good (Ofsted June 2017) to Outstanding. This will involve contributing to an extremely broad and exciting curriculum for our pupils, both during school and as extra-curricular provision. In our Church of England School, candidates must be able to actively support the Christian ethos of the school.
You will work effectively and pro-actively with the Children, Governing Body, School Team, and local Parish.
Governors welcome applications from teachers in the early stages of their careers who are able to demonstrate experience of KS1 and especially Y1.
If you wish to find out more about us, please visit our Facebook page www.facebook.com/whittleprimary
- Be committed to the promotion the school's Christian ethos
- Have a positive attitude and the highest expectations of pupils' attainment and behaviour.
- If applying as an NQT/ECT, you must have gained or be on track for a 1 or 2 on previous placements.
- Be qualified or have trained to teach Y1 -Y6 with experience of KS1 and in particular Y1
- Be resilient, reflective with a commitment to being the best possible teacher
- Able to create an environment that engages, inspires and allows children to make the most progress
- Have energy, passion and a clear love of working with children
- Have current knowledge of safeguarding procedures
- Have current knowledge of provision for pupils with additional needs
- Be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with staff, parents, governors and the community
- Make a positive contribution to wider school activities
The school offers:
- A caring, warm and friendly environment with happy, well behaved children who are eager to learn
- A motivated, dedicated and supportive staff team who are committed to building on the many strengths of the school
- A school committed to professional development and school improvement
- Supportive governors, parents and PTFA
Closing Date : noon Friday 11th June 2021
Interview Date: Wednesday 23rd June 2021
Whittle-le-Woods Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
- Essential Qualifications
Qualified Teacher Status
- Desirable Qualifications
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development
- Essential Experience
- Experience of Teaching Within KS1
- Desirable Experience
- Successful Experience of teaching in Year 1
- Proposed Interview Date:
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Forms are attached to this advert. Please return to email@example.com
Please note CVs are not accepted, to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the application form attached
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.