PART TIME KS1 TEACHER
|Grade||TEACHERS' PAY RANGE|
|Perm / Temp||Temporary|
|Required||From 1.9.21  to 31.8.22 |
|Closing Date||12 Noon 15/06/2021 |
BARROWFORD ST THOMAS CHURCH OF ENGLAND PRIMARY SCHOOL
Wheatley Lane Road , Barrowford , Nelson , Lancashire , BB9 6QT
Tel: 01282 614462
School website: www.st-thomas-ce12.lancsngfl.ac.uk
St Thomas' is a small voluntary aided school, which is in a relatively new building on the outskirts of Barrowford. Currently, 121 pupils are divided into four classes (three of which are mixed-age). We achieve high standards and our children love to learn; this is evident to all who visit us here at St Thomas'. We have a dedicated team of conscientious staff and Governors, hardworking children and supportive parents, which produces a warm, flourishing family community of children and adults.
We require a part-time teacher to work alongside our full time class teacher in our mixed-age KS1 class. This position is mornings only.
The part-time teacher will mainly teach our Year 1 cohort and will be responsible for teaching English and mathematics.
- a friendly, Christian school where everyone is valued and supported;
- well behaved, positive, enthusiastic children who enjoy learning;
- supportive parents and governors who are keen for the school to thrive;
- a committed and friendly team of dedicated, hard-working and supportive staff;
- a modern building, excellent facilities and spacious, semi-rural grounds;
- opportunities for continued professional development.
We are looking for a candidate who will:
- support the Christian ethos of our school;
- be passionate about achieving the very best for every child;
- have excellent subject knowledge, especially in KS1 mathematics and English;
- have a high degree of professionalism in their approach to work;
- be well organised and have the highest expectations of learning, achievement, progress and behaviour;
- be enthusiastic and fully committed to playing an active role in every aspect of school life;
- establish and maintain excellent relationships with children, parents and colleagues.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
- Essential Qualifications
Degree or equivalent
- Desirable Qualifications
- Paediatric First Aid
- Essential Experience
Relevant, successful teaching experience in a primary school
Experience of teaching in KS1
Evidence of recent and relevant training applicable to the post
- Desirable Experience
Experience of teaching phonics in Year 1 and preparing the pupils for the Phonics screening check.
Experience of teaching the maths mastery approach, especially in Year 1.
Experience of teaching mixed year group classes.
Experience of leading a subject area.
- Proposed Interview Date:
For an informal discussion please contact:Only shortlisted candidates will be able to visit the school.
We will be running a `Question and Answer' Zoom session where you will be given the chance to meet the headteacher virtually to find out more about our school. This will be held on Wednesday 9th June at 4pm. Please contact the headteacher by email (email@example.com) if you would like to book onto this session.
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
The Headteacher c/o the School.
Please note CVs are not accepted, to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the application form attached and please return to the school
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.