|Grade||Leadership scale 14-19|
|Perm / Temp||Permanent|
|Required||From Sept 2021 |
|Closing Date||noon 07/05/2021 |
SIR TOM FINNEY COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL, RIBBLETON HALL DRIVE, PRESTON, LANCASHIRE
Tel: 01772 795749
School website: www.stfch.lancs.sch.uk
An exciting leadership opportunity has arisen at this very successful secondary special school. We are seeking an assistant headteacher to take key responsibility for:
- Teaching, learning and progress
- Assessment, achievement and attainment
- Whole school curriculum leadership and management
Sir Tom Finney Community High is a community special school for pupils with a wide range of learning difficulties and disabilities. Our school moved to its current spacious and well-equipped site in 2015 and is due additional refurbishment and build from Summer 2021 to expand its capacity to 245 on roll planned from September 2022.
Our dedicated and enthusiastic staff team work together to provide an appropriate, relevant and lively, nurturing environment in order to meet the individual needs, abilities and aspirations of all our students, supporting their learning, development and preparation for adulthood.
We take great pride in all the achievements of our students and in the very effective partnerships we have established with other professional services, families and the wider community.
We are looking to appoint an assistant headteacher who:
- shares our passion in ensuring every student succeeds and achieves the best possible outcomes
- Is enthusiastic about evaluating student progress
- demonstrates enthusiasm and professional drive to contribute to the school's future development, working in partnership with all stakeholders
- has strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate, inspire and motivate
- understands the wide and challenging range of special educational needs found in a generic special school
We can offer you:
- a successful and thriving school
- supportive colleagues, parents and governors
- a commitment to continued professional development
- engaged students who are proud of their school and enjoy their learning experiences and achievement
Please note CVs are not accepted, to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the application form attached.
Rehabilitation The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
More Information can be found at www.stfch.lancs.sch.uk
- Teaching, learning and progress
- Proposed Interview Date:
For an informal discussion please contact:Contact Headteacher 01772 795749 for informal discussion.
Pre-application visit will take place on Friday 30th April 2021 10am - confirm attendance by contacting the school office 01772 795749
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Application form attached.
please return completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.