|Grade||TEACHERS PAY SCALE (M3-M6)|
|Salary||£31750 to £ 38810|
|Perm / Temp||Permanent|
|Required||From 01/01/2024 |
|Closing Date||12 noon 03/10/2023|
OSWALDTWISTLE MOOR END COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL
White Ash Lane , Oswaldtwistle , Accrington , BB5 3JG
Tel: 01254 233312
School website: www.moor-end.lancsngfl.ac.uk
Do you have the ability and passion to make a difference to the life chances of our children?
Following the retirement of the present post holder, our Governors wish to appoint a self-motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Year 2 class teacher. We are looking for a team player with previous teaching experience, which is reflected in the salary scale. This position is not appropriate for an ECT.
- Be passionate about children's learning and welfare; putting them first in everything you do
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with the whole school community
- Be an excellent and creative classroom practitioner with a proven track record of moving children's learning forward
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a highly committed team and play a significant role in school life, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Be a reflective learner, flexible in your approach and open to new ideas
- Be motivated by challenge.
We can offer:
- a welcoming school, with a caring, family ethos
- well behaved and motivated children and a parent community who value what we do
- supportive colleagues who plan together and put children and staff wellbeing at the heart of what we do
- We will also provide the opportunity for quality CPD
- A supportive and caring leadership team based on honesty and trust
This is a new and exciting chapter for Moor End. In January, following the retirement of the Headteacher the Deputy Headteacher was appointed. A new Deputy Headteacher has just started with us in September and is working hard to help drive the school forward.
Being a new Headteacher, I have only just come out of the classroom and understand the workload and pressures put on teaching staff, which is why I am passionate about wellbeing and workload for my staff. Every decision taken has workload implications at its heart.
Workload reduction strategies:
- No expectation of written marking- whole class feedback books
- Topics planned together to utilise each otherís strengths
- No planning scrutinises
- PPA can be taken either at school or at home
- Laptops provided to enable flexible working patterns
- No requirement to answer emails outside of reasonable work hours
- Subject leader release time
- Streamline reports
- And many more!
This post is initially for a Year 2 class.
Please state your curriculum strengths, as we would like you to take on the role of subject leader with confidence.
Visits to the school are encouraged, please telephone Philip Sumner, Headteacher, on 01254 233312 to have an informal chat or to come and visit to find out what makes Moor End a special place to work.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates.
More Information can be found at www.moor-end.lancsngfl.ac.uk
- Proposed Interview Date:
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Application Forms to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.