|LEADERSHIP PAY RANGE L7 - L14
|£49019 to £ 58135
|Perm / Temp
|12 noon 20/01/2023
- Job Description (98 KB)
- Person Specification (92 KB)
- Welcome Letter - CoG (190 KB)
- Other information (172 KB)
- Other information (322 KB)
- Other information (197 KB)
- Other information (41 KB)
- Other information (152 KB)
- Welcome Letter - School Council (135 KB)
- Other information (46 KB)
- Other information (67 KB)
- Other information (427 KB)
- Other information (103 KB)
- DBS Information (38 KB)
- DBS Information (19 KB)
- Other information (53 KB)
ST JOSEPH'S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL. MEDLAR-WITH-WESHAM
Garstang Road North , Wesham , Kirkham , PR4 3HA
Tel: 01772 683009
School website: www.st-josephs-kirkham.lancs.sch.uk
Following the successful appointment of our current headteacher to the headship of a larger Catholic Primary School, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Headteacher at St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Wesham. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the school’s mission and strategic vision, leading the school in the continuous improvement and delivery of our curriculum and supporting the professional development of our excellent Teaching Team.
We can offer you:
- A popular, friendly, inclusive Catholic school
- A happy, welcoming school with a strong, positive and caring Catholic ethos
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning
- Enthusiastic and well-behaved children who enjoy learning and are proud of their school
- A committed and supportive Governing Body with strong links to our Parish and local community
- A school with a friendly, dedicated and hardworking staff who have high expectations of all our pupils
- Excellent opportunities for your continued professional development, as a Catholic leader
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Is a practising Catholic, committed to the teachings of the Catholic Church and who:
- Understands the requirement to think strategically, has experience of developing and has contributed towards the delivery of a successful school development plan
- Is committed to, and has the ability to establish a positive working environment ensuring that the Catholic life of the school is central to all that we do
- Has a proven track record of delivering teaching based on the principles of “quality first” with evidence of raising children’s attainment
- Can demonstrate the potential to become an innovative primary leader committed to creating challenge, excitement, creativity and independence in learning
- Recognises and believes in the unique individuality and potential of each child
- Can recognise the potential and nurture the talent of all our staff
- Is committed to and understands the importance of establishing and maintaining productive relationships with the local community and parish
- Is able to demonstrate a high level of experience and involvement in the leadership of safeguarding in the school environment and a commitment to going on DSL training
- Is friendly and approachable with excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour
Interviews: 24/02/2023 with a pre interview visit on 23/02/2023, which is part of the selection process.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check. The successful candidate will be appointed under the terms and conditions of a CES contract which they will be required to sign. Applications must be made on the St Joseph’s CES Leadership application form.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 an online search will be carried out as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates.
More Information can be found at www.st-josephs-kirkham.lancs.sch.uk
- A popular, friendly, inclusive Catholic school
- Proposed Interview Date:
For an informal discussion please contact:For further information, please visit the school’s website, or contact the school. (www.st-josephs-kirkham.lancs.sch.uk)
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed by arrangement, please contact Mr G Lawrenson our Chair of Governors via the school office to book a visit. Please phone 01772 683009.
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Application form attached.
please return completed applications to email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.