|Salary||£52723 to £ 58135|
|Perm / Temp||Permanent|
|Required||From 1st September 2022 |
|Closing Date||9am 20/05/2022|
Black Bull Lane , Fulwood , Preston , PR2 9YR
Tel: 01772 719060
School website: www.fulwoodacademy.co.uk
We seek to appoint an Assistant Principal with the skills, vision and energy to inspire our students.
The post holder will be part of the Senior Leadership Team and provide strong leadership for all aspects of the Academy.
At Fulwood we put the progress and wellbeing of our pupils at the centre of everything we do. We set ourselves and our pupils’ high expectations and the highest standards for teaching and learning. We aim to grow creative, ambitious and caring young people who will make unique contributions to the future.
- To implement an agreed strategy to ensure assessment is embedded across the curriculum, in all subject areas and accelerates progress
- To lead on our curriculum, Options, Examinations, Timetable, Assessment and Data
- To implement an agreed strategy to raise the quality and impact of independent study
- To lead on agreed aspects of our improvement plan
- To lead subject leaders as agreed
- In consultation with staff and Trustees create and maintain the ethos, vision, values, and aims of the Academy including the drafting and review of relevant policies
- Securing the achievement of Key Performance Targets identified in the Academy Improvement Plan
- Ensuring that Academy systems and accountabilities are delivered according to the key principles of simplicity, efficiency and effectiveness
- Advising and reporting to the board of Trustees as required
- Working in accordance with statutory and Academy policy
- Liaising with officers, inspectors and other outside agencies
- Developing relationships between the Academy and its local community
- Contributing to the process and completion of any self-evaluation processes
- Being accountable for the delivery of key strategic objectives as determined in negotiation with the Principal or Vice Principals and the Senior Leadership Team as a whole
- Leadership of effective external relationships with community and other stakeholders
Salary: L10 - L14 (£52,723) –(£58,135) Per Annum
We encourage prospective applicants to come and visit the academy. This can be during or outside of the academy day. Please contact our Principal’s PA / Academy Manager, Mrs Alison Ellis on 01772 719011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment
Closing date: 20th May 2022 – 9am Interviews: 24th May 2022
Fulwood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Rehabilitation The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
More Information can be found at www.fulwoodacademy.co.uk
- Proposed Interview Date:
For an informal discussion please contact:Please contact the school on 01772 719060
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.