|Perm / Temp||Permanent|
|Required||From 01/09/2022 |
|Hours||19.44 per week|
|Closing Date||NOON 20/05/2022|
QUEEN'S DRIVE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Black Bull Lane , Fulwood , Preston , Lancashire , PR2 3LA
Tel: 01772 718344
School website: www.queensdriveschool.co.uk
The post of SEND Leader (SENDCO) at Queen’s Drive Primary School. Queen’s Drive Primary School is a large two form entry Primary School, situated in Fulwood, Preston. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join our hardworking and innovative team. We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and ambitious professional who will have responsibility for the leadership of SEND Provision at Queen’s Drive (SENDCO).
This post comes with no class teaching responsibility although it may be necessary to work with small groups of children on particular targets and interventions. The role is part-time, 3 days a week. (0.6)
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
- Essential Qualifications
Qualified Teacher Status
Evidence of recent and relevant training applicable to the post
- Desirable Qualifications
- Essential Experience
· To have a working and current knowledge and understanding of all 3 Key Stages (EYFS, KS1 AND KS2) in the primary phase.
· Experience of a leading staff and introducing new initiatives
· Experience of providing high standards of provision for SEND pupils
· Experience of working in partnership with parents, governors and external agencies
- Desirable Experience
· Experience of promoting inclusion across the school to raise aspiration and achievement
· Experienced in rigorous tracking and monitoring of children’s progress and working within the SEND Code of Practice
· Experience in managing intervention within School and from various external therapy teams including SALT, OT, Physiotherapy and Hearing Support
- Proposed Interview Date:
For an informal discussion please contact:Please contact the Acting Headteacher for an informal discussion.
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
The Headteacher c/o the School.
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.