CLASS TEACHER KS2
|Grade||Main pay scale|
|Salary||£25714 to £ 36961|
|Perm / Temp||Permanent|
|Required||From 1st January 2022 |
COCKERHAM PAROCHIAL CHURCH OF ENGLAND PRIMARY SCHOOL
Main Street , Cockerham , Lancaster , LA2 0EF
Tel: 01524 791550
School website: www.cockerham.lancsngfl.ac.uk
Cockerham Parochial C of E Primary School is situated at the heart of Cockerham village in a beautiful; rural location, just 10 minutes from Lancaster and within easy reach of the M6.
The Governing Body of Cockerham Parochial C of E Primary School is looking to appoint an outstanding KS2 practitioner to join our teaching team and lead our upper key stage 2 class (Year 5/6) A practitioner who is a reflective learner themselves. We are looking for a creative classroom practitioner who has high expectations of all children; one who is motivated by challenge.
We Can Offer:
- Hard working, kind, considerate and enthusiastic children who love to learn
- A positive working environment where staff are outward looking and support each other,
- The chance to work in a thriving village school situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty
We are looking for someone who can offer us:
- Experience of delivering quality first teaching in a mixed age KS2 class
- The ability to lead a subject across school, planning the curriculum and monitoring its delivery
- A working knowledge of current education trends including retrieval practice and metacognition
- A commitment to ‘going the extra mile’ which teaching in a village school often requires
- A willingness to be involved in the extra-curricular life of the school
- A willingness to be supportive of the Christian ethos and foundations of our school
Rehabilitation The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
- Essential Qualifications
Qualified to degree level including Qualified Teacher Status
Successful completion of NQT year
- Essential Experience
Evidence of regular, recent and appropriate professional development for the post
Relevant and significant teaching experience
Experience of effective subject leadership
Experience and understanding of successful behaviour management
High quality teaching skills – evidence of good or better teaching
A willingness to participate fully in the Christian ethos of the school
Excellent knowledge of core subjects
- Proposed Interview Date:
For an informal discussion please contact:If you would like to have an informal discussion about the post or arrange a visit to school please ring the office.
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Please return to school
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.