TEACHING PSOT with TLR for STRATEGIC ICT LEAD
|Grade||Mainscale/UPR with TLR|
|Perm / Temp||Permanent|
|Required||From 1st January 2022 |
|Closing Date||9 am 14/10/2021|
LEYLAND METHODIST JUNIOR SCHOOL
Canberra Road , Leyland , Preston , Lancashire , PR25 3ET
Tel: 01772 423694
School website: www.lmjs.lancs.sch.uk
The Governing board of Leyland Methodist Schools seek to appoint an excellent teacher to join their committed teaching team. This post would be ideal for someone who is ready to take that next step in leadership, taking the lead on enhancing teaching and learning through the use of technology, which will form a key part of the schools’ development plan.
Leyland Methodist Schools is a federation of Leyland Methodist Infant School and Leyland Methodist Junior School providing for up to 490 pupils on roll across the two schools. The schools sit adjacent on the same site and have been working closely together since July 2019 and formally federated in April 2020. This TLR position is for IT responsibility across both schools and the full primary age range.
The class teaching commitment for this post is currently in KS2.
The Governing Board are looking for an excellent teacher who has the following characteristics:
- Strong understanding and proven track record of effective working with technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- Have an excellent ability to engage and motivate our learners fostering positive relationships with the pupils in their care.
- Ability to see the whole school vision being prepared to contribute fully to the staff team and the wider life of the school beyond the limits of their classroom;
- Be child-centred and prepared to support the characteristics of the Methodist School ethos
- Be positive and enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be fully committed to inclusion ensuring every child gains the best possible experience from their school years with us
- Be committed to self-development and engage with ongoing CPD;
- Be prepared to act as subject leader for computing and champion this part of the curriculum across both schools.
We can offer:
- A supportive staff team and great children
- A commitment to ongoing CPD opportunities
- A supportive and dedicated Governing Board who are keen to serve our school community
- Bright and inviting learning environment
This is a permanent post with a January 2022 start date. This is a middle leadership post and therefore not suitable for NQTs.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
Rehabilitation The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
More Information can be found at www.lmjs.lancs.sch.uk
- Proposed Interview Date:
For an informal discussion please contact:Mrs Kathryn Melling
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Please return to email@example.com
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.