MATERNITY COVER 2 VACANCIES - ONE POST IN EYFS AND ONE POST IN KS1 or KS2
|No of Posts||2|
|Salary||£25714 to £ 41604|
|Perm / Temp||Temporary|
|Required||From 01/09/21  to 30/04/22 |
|Closing Date||13/06/2021 |
ST MARY'S ROMAN CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL. LEYLAND
Haig Avenue , Leyland , Preston , Lancashire , PR25 2QA
Tel: 01772 422431
School website: www.st-marys-leyland.lancs.sch.uk
We are delighted to offer two maternity contracts at our delightful, happy school. One in the EYFS department and the other working in either KS1 or KS2. The Governors are seeking to appoint two approachable and enthusiastic teachers who will have a clear understanding of how to achieve and maintain the highest standards in all areas of school life. As inspirational practitioners, you will be passionate about learning and development.
The Governors are looking for two teachers who are:
1. Strongly committed to upholding the Catholic ethos of our school
2. Have high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
3. Are creative, innovative and forward thinking
4. Are able to work collaboratively as part of a team
5. Have excellent teaching skills and can inspire and motivate children
6. Can provide high quality and challenging experiences
7. Are willing to contribute to the wider aspects of school life and extra-curricular activities
8. Have a commitment to working with parents and carers
9. Have experience of working with children with diverse needs
In return, we will offer the successful applicants:
1. A very supportive and committed staff team
2. A nurturing environment where we value the contributions of all our staff
3. A thriving Catholic community
4. The opportunity to enhance and further develop your curricular strengths
5. Respectful and well behaved children
Due to ongoing Covid restrictions, we are offering all candidates the opportunity to have a meet and greet telephone discussion if they wish, before submitting their application. Please contact Jane Brooks to arrange a convenient time on 01772 422431.
Please note CVs are not accepted, to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the application form attached. We prefer applications to be completed electronically whilst also respecting the diversity of people applying to our school. If you would prefer to complete a paper copy or need assistance completing your application form, please let us know.
Please note, there are two job descriptions and person specifications for these posts. When submitting your application, please state which vacancy you are applying for - thank you.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
- Proposed Interview Date:
For an informal discussion please contact:Mrs O'Mahony - Headteacher
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
.. Mrs Wilkinson
Please indicate which post you are applying for - thank you
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.