KS2 TEACHER - MATERNITY COVER
|Grade||Teachers Pay Range|
|Perm / Temp||Temporary|
|Required||From 01/09/21  to 31/08/22 |
|Closing Date||Noon 07/05/2021 |
ST JOSEPH'S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL. PRESTON
Rigby Street , Preston , Lancashire , PR1 5XL
Tel: 01772 796112
School website: www.sjps.lancs.sch.uk
The Governors of St Joseph's Catholic Primary School are looking for a high quality classroom teacher who can motivate and inspire.
The successful candidate will be working in Year 3 in the KS2 team. Applications are welcomed from NQTs, RQTs as well as teachers that are more experienced.
The post is full time with class teaching responsibility. Other areas of responsibility will be negotiated with the successful applicants depending upon experience.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- is supportive of our Catholic ethos and upholds our values and Mission Statement
- is committed to the wider religious life of the school
- has strong behaviour management skills
- is a dedicated and highly effective KS2 class teacher
- is an excellent and enthusiastic practitioner with a passion for highly effective teaching and learning
- is creative, innovative and forward thinking
- can form positive relationship with children, staff, and parents and has high expectations for behaviour both in class and around school
- sets targets and plans rigorously to ensure that all children achieve their full potential
- is a reflective practitioner who is positive about professional development
- is hard working, resilient and able to work collaboratively and liaise with other staff as part of a team
In return, we can offer:
- A hardworking, encouraging, friendly and supportive staff team
- Happy and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn in an atmosphere where they all feel valued and respected
- Support for your continued professional development
- A strong, supportive and active Governing Body
- The opportunity to make a real difference to lives of the children and community we serve
- A welcoming school environment
- Supportive colleagues and governors with a clear vision and high aspirations for the school;
Essential Qualifications: Qualified to degree level including Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
St Joseph's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
You are encouraged to visit our school for a tour of the school and see for yourself the vibrant and happy learning environment that we provide. We also encourage you to visit our website; www.sjps.lancs.sch.uk which contains useful information. Please contact our school office on 01772 796112, they will be happy to arrange an appointment for you.
Rehabilitation of offenders Act 1974 - details of any criminal record spent or unspent should be sent to the chair of governors at school address by the closing date
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
More Information can be found at www.sjps.lancs.sch.uk
- Essential Qualifications
Qualified Teacher Status
Recent participation in relevant professional development
- Desirable Qualifications
- Catholic Certificate of Religious Studies
- Essential Experience
Experience of teaching in a primary school
Be able to teach good lessons and demonstrate that your pupils make good progress
- Desirable Experience
- Experience of teaching in KS2
- Proposed Interview Date:
For an informal discussion please contact:Please contact the school office to arrange a visit to the school on 01772 796112
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Application form attached. Please return application forms to The Headteacher, Mrs Catherine Monaghan, c/o email@example.com
Please note CVs are not accepted, to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the application form attached
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.