CLASS TEACHERS (2 POSTS): EYFS or KS1 TEACHER and KS2 TEACHER
|No of Posts||2|
|Grade||Teachers Pay Range|
|Perm / Temp||Permanent|
|Required||From 1st September 2021 |
|Closing Date||12 noon 26/04/2021 |
LEYLAND METHODIST SCHOOLS
Canberra Road , Leyland , Preston , Lancashire , PR25 3ET
Tel: 01772 423694
School website: www.lmjs.lancs.sch.uk
The Governing board of Leyland Methodist Schools seek to appoint two excellent teachers to join their committed teaching team.
Leyland Methodist Schools is a federation of Leyland Methodist Infant School and Leyland Methodist Junior School. The two schools sit adjacent on the same site and have been working closely together since July 2019 and formally federated in April 2020.
The posts are, in the first instance, one in each school for either a EYFS or KS1 class in the Infant School and a KS2 post in the Junior School.
The Governing Board are looking for teachers who have the following characteristics:
- Excellent ability to engage and motivate our learners fostering positive relationships with the pupils in their care.
- Ability to see the whole school vision being prepared to contribute fully to the staff team and the wider life of the school beyond the limits of their classroom;
- Be prepared to support the characteristics of the Methodist School ethos
- Be positive, self-motivated and enthusiastic with a can do attitude.
- Be fully committed to inclusion ensuring every child gains the best possible experience from their school years with us
- Be committed to self-development and engage with ongoing CPD;
- Be prepared to act as subject leader and champion this part of the curriculum across both schools (unless in their NQT/RQT years)
We can offer:
- A supportive staff team and great children
- A commitment to ongoing CPD opportunities including peer-coaching and mentoring
- A supportive and dedicated Governing Board who are keen to serve our school community
- A bright and inviting learning environment
The posts are from September 2021 and are permanent.
Visits to the school are welcome. As COVID-19 risk assessments are currently in place, appointments must be made via the school office. We do operate a Visitors Policy (COVID-19 addendum), which will be forwarded to you after making an appointment to visit.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
- Essential Qualifications
- Proposed Interview Date:
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Application form attached. Please email application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note CVs are not accepted, to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the application form attached
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.