|Grade||LEADERSHIP PAY SCALE L5-L10|
|Salary||£46566 to £ 52723|
|Perm / Temp||Permanent|
|Required||From September 2021 |
|Closing Date||Noon 15/04/2021 |
OUR LADY AND ST EDWARD'S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL. PRESTON
Lightfoot Lane , Fulwood , Preston , Lancashire , PR2 3LP
Tel: 01772 862305
School website: www.ourlady-st-edwards.lancs.sch.uk
The Governors of Our Lady and St Edward's Catholic Primary School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational practising Catholic Deputy Headteacher from September 2021. We are looking for someone who will develop and share our vision of high quality education. The successful applicant must be a committed, practising Catholic, who is dedicated to leading and building an exceptional and caring learning environment.
Our Mission Statement
We are inspired by the teachings of Jesus Christ who is at the heart of all that we do.
Working in unity with our families, parish and community, we encourage and support the children to grow in faith and reach their full potential in a happy, caring and loving environment.
We are looking for someone who is:
- committed to fostering and developing the respectful and inclusive ethos of our Catholic school and who has a strong personal faith commitment.
- an inspirational example of excellent classroom practice and demonstrates a clear desire for enabling progress.
- able to lead, motivate and inspire staff to achieve the highest standards.
- dynamic and visionary in driving forward developments in the curriculum.
- able to demonstrate passion in promoting a clear child-centred vision.
- able to develop children's enjoyment of learning, whilst ensuring high levels of progress and achievement through a clear vision of educational excellence.
- able to support the Headteacher in the strategic role of raising standards of achievement both academically, spiritually and pastorally.
- approachable and able to build good relationships with children, staff, parents, governors and all other members of the school community.
- an excellent communicator with effective interpersonal skills, has a good sense of humour and believes in teamwork.
- understanding of children's emotional and mental wellbeing needs.
We can offer you:
- happy, polite, caring and well behaved children who love school and enjoy learning.
- hardworking, committed and dedicated staff whose aim is to improve outcomes for children.
- a caring, inclusive, Catholic ethos where times of prayer and reflection draw us closer to God.
- support for your professional development and well-being.
- a close working partnership between the Church, parents and the local community.
- a governing body, which is fully committed and supportive of continuing to develop the school as a leading Catholic school.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
More Information can be found at www.ourlady-st-edwards.lancs.sch.uk
For an informal discussion please contact:Potential candidates who would like to visit the school prior to application must make an appointment through the school office. In response to Covid-19 restrictions, visits can only be accommodated after school hours.
Tel: 01772 862305
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Application form attached. Please return completed applications to email@example.com
Please note CVs are not accepted, to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the application form attached
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.