CLASS TEACHER (initially based in KS2)
|Grade||Main pay scale|
|Perm / Temp||Permanent|
|Required||From 01/09/2022 |
|Hours||32.436 per week|
|Closing Date||09.00am 16/05/2022|
BURNLEY ST JAMES' LANEHEAD CHURCH OF ENGLAND PRIMARY SCHOOL
Briercliffe Road , Burnley , Lancashire , BB10 2NH
Tel: 01282 426833
School website: www.st-jameslanehead.lancs.sch.uk
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed teacher to join our school family. The successful candidate will initially be based in Key Stage 2, although we will consider candidates with KS1 experience. You must be hardworking, experienced, dedicated and passionate about learning and seek to become an inspirational practitioner. We are looking for a teacher who is a team player and who strives to nurture, motivate and facilitate every child through their learning.
We have recently been inspected (Dec 2021) and have received a Good grading across all areas of school. We are also classed as Excellent by SIAMS (Church of England Inspection) 2019.
We would be delighted to benefit from any additional talents and passions of a new member of our team, so please make clear in your application form any expertise you feel that you could bring.
We believe in developing all of our staff to the highest standard and we invest in staff training. A commitment to undertake CPD will be essential.
We can offer you:
- A welcoming school where the pupils and their families are at the heart of everything we do
- Supportive staff and governing board
- A commitment to professional development and an openness to any new ideas that will benefit the children.
- Children who are eager to learn, have excellent behaviour, a positive attitude, and enjoy coming to school
- We warmly recommend that you visit our school.
- Please note this role is not suitable for ECTs.
Rehabilitation The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
- Essential Qualifications
- Desirable Qualifications
- Be comfortable and confident teaching across the Key Stages
- Essential Experience
- Establish and maintain good relationships with our school community
- Be motivated by challenge
- Have good knowledge of the national curriculum
- Be able to plan and deliver exciting lessons
- Be committed to safeguarding children
- Desirable Experience
- Have adaptability and flexibility in working practices and the ability to know when to use initiative
- Lead a subject within school
- Be well organised and have high expectations of learning, achievement, progress and behaviour
- Inspire the pupils through creative teaching
- Determined to do their very best for our children
- Enthusiastic, driven and willing to take an active role in every aspect of school life
For an informal discussion please contact:Visits to school are welcomed and recommended via appointment only. Please call Jade Bradley (School Business Manager) on 01282 426833 for further information.
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Return to Jade Bradley
School Business Manager
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.