|Grade||L2 - L8|
|Perm / Temp||Permanent|
|Required||From 01/09/2022 |
RISHTON METHODIST SCHOOL
George Street , Rishton , Blackburn , BB1 4JF
Tel: 01254 887223
School website: www.rishton.lancsngfl.ac.uk
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational, highly motivated Deputy Headteacher to join our dedicated and aspirational team. We are committed to continuing to raise standards in all aspects of our pupils development. In partnership with the Headteacher, you will work with all members of our school family striving for excellence in order to provide the best outcomes for all of our children.
Rishton Methodist Primary School is a one form entry, voluntary controlled primary school offering an excellent education to pupils from the town and beyond. We are a happy, caring school, dedicated to nurturing the whole child and we pride ourselves on our high standards and quality of care as recognised in our OFSTED inspection in 2019 and SIAMs inspection in 2016
We are looking for a Leader who:
- Will lead by example to continue to promote and develop a strong Christian ethos in our school.
- Recognise the challenges faced by some of our children and families, and respect and demonstrate empathy in working with them to overcome barriers.
- Will be a strong and effective role model in promoting our children’s aspirations.
- Have high expectations of behaviour of all children and adults and be able to use a range of strategies to promote childrens good behaviour.
- Is an outstanding classroom practitioner who will lead by example and who shows a commitment to improving achievement for all pupils.
- Understands how pupils learn and inspires a love of learning.
- Will be an organised and effective communicator.
- Actively support the vision of the Headteacher, Governors and Staff for a highly successful future.
We will offer the successful candidate:
- Happy, well-behaved children who are keen to learn.
- Supportive and committed Governors.
- Strong links with our Methodist church community
- A caring and supportive team who are committed to the well-being of the whole school family.
- Opportunity to work in a school that has a positive reputation in the local community.
- Strong continuous professional development opportunities.
- Membership of a happy and hardworking staff team.
Please contact the school to arrange a visit.
Start Date: 1st September 2022.
Closing Date: 5pm on 28th January 2022.
Interviews: 2nd and 3rd March 2022.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a disclosure. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request.
Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
- Proposed Interview Date:
For an informal discussion please contact:Visits to the school to look round are essential. These can be arranged by contacting the school office on 01254-887223.
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Please forward completed applications to the Headteacher,
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.