|Grade||Main Pay Scale 1-6|
|Salary||£25714 to £ 36961|
|Perm / Temp||Temporary|
|Required||From Tuesday 4th January 2022  to End of the Summer Term |
|Closing Date||12pm 05/10/2021|
SCORTON CHURCH OF ENGLAND PRIMARY SCHOOL
Snow Hill Lane , Scorton , Preston , Lancashire , PR3 1AY
Tel: 01524 791596
School website: www.scorton.lancs.sch.uk
The Governing Body of Scorton CE Primary School is looking to appoint an outstanding KS2 practitioner to join our teaching team and lead our lower junior class (Year 3/4). The vacancy has arisen due to the current class teacher securing a secondment to a management position for the spring and summer terms of this academic year. The role will be fixed term from January 2022 until the end of the school year.
We Can Offer:
- Hard working, kind, considerate and enthusiastic children who love to learn
- Small classes with a high level of adult support
- A positive working environment where staff are outward looking and support each other, sharing outstanding practice
- The opportunity to lead a subject across a collaboration of two schools (Scorton CE Primary & Calder Vale St. John’s CE Primary)
- The chance to work in a thriving village school situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty
We are looking for someone who can offer us:
- Experience of delivering quality first teaching in a mixed age KS2 class
- The ability to lead a subject across two schools, planning the curriculum and monitoring its delivery
- A working knowledge of current education trends including retrieval practice and metacognition
- A commitment to ‘going the extra mile’ which teaching in a village school often requires
- A willingness to be involved in the extra-curricular life of the school
- A willingness to be supportive of the Christian ethos and foundations of our school
School visits are strongly encouraged - please contact the Headteacher to make an appointment.
Rehabilitation The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
More Information can be found at www.scorton.lancs.sch.uk
- Essential Qualifications
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Desirable Qualifications
- See Job & Person Specification
- Essential Experience
- See Job & Person Specification
- Proposed Interview Date:
For an informal discussion please contact:Please contact the Headteacher (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a visit and discuss the role further.
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Return forms to the Headteacher at the School
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.