TEACHER OF SCIENCE
|Grade||Main Pay Scale/Upper Pay Scale|
|Salary||£25714 to £ 41604|
|Perm / Temp||Permanent|
|Required||From September 2021 |
|Closing Date||10am 21/06/2021 |
MOOR PARK HIGH SCHOOL AND SIXTH FORM
Moor Park Avenue , Preston , Lancashire , PR1 6DT
Tel: 01772 795428
School website: www.moorpark.mp
Is Teaching your passion? Would you like to work at a School that not only encourages progression but also helps to develop you professionally for the next stage of your career?
The staff at Moor Park High School and Sixth Form are a caring, supportive team who are passionate about the well-being of our learning community and are dedicated to ensuring the success of the students and the School. In 2018, GCSE results confirmed the school as one of the most improved in the country and the most improved in Lancashire. Visitors to Moor Park consistently comment on the warm, sociable and friendly atmosphere within our School and the polite and enthusiastic nature of our students. We are extremely proud of what we have achieved at Moor Park and are excited about the future ahead.
An exciting opportunity exists for an exceptional candidate to join our Science Faculty. The successful candidate will be able to teach general science at KS3/KS4 (ability to teach KS5 or a specialism in Chemistry/Physics is desirable but not essential). As a Faculty, we believe all our students are destined for greatness, and so wish to appoint a committed, dynamic and ambitious teacher, one who aspires to be an outstanding practitioner and an influential role model for our students. Our Faculty thrives on transforming the lives and opportunities of our students, if you can do the same, we welcome your application.
We can offer:
- a warm, caring and welcoming School with friendly and enthusiastic students who enjoy learning in a safe and happy environment;
- high expectations of ourselves and the students in relation to behaviour and academic and creative progress;
- a School valued and supported by governors, parents and the community;
- a School and Senior Leadership Team that allows you to be inspirational, proactive and play an active part in our school improvement;
- tailored CPD with a strong commitment on developing individual career paths which supports and stimulates professional growth;
- a School that welcomes new ideas with energy and enthusiasm;
- a successful and forward-looking School with outstanding facilities.
We are looking for someone who:
- is an outstanding teacher, or a teacher with outstanding potential;
- has excellent subject knowledge and high expectations;
- is passionate about developing teaching and learning styles;
- is a team player committed to excellence for all students;
- can demonstrate passion for their subject and convey this in a classroom setting;
- has a keen desire to work collaboratively with all colleagues to make a greater impact on student progress.
We believe that Moor Park is a remarkable School and if you would like to see this for yourself, we would be delighted to arrange a visit for you prior to making an application. Please email Angela Marsden, Assistant School Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
Application Process: Online via the TES Website. Please note CVs are not accepted.
Applicants are thanked for their interest in Moor Park High School and Sixth Form. Please note that only candidates shortlisted will be contacted. In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, appointment will be subject to a full DBS check and references. Please note that we can only consider applications from those legally entitled to work in the UK.
- Proposed Interview Date:
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
via TES website.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.