DEPUTY HEADTEACHER - QUALITY OF EDUCATION
|Grade||Leadership L17 to L22|
|Salary||£62570 to £ 70745|
|Perm / Temp||Permanent|
|Required||From 1st September 2021 |
|Closing Date||12 noon 14/05/2021 |
ST CECILIA'S ROMAN CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL, LONGRIDGE
Chapel Hill , Longridge , Preston , Lancashire , PR3 2XA
Tel: 01772 783074
School website: www.st-cecilias.co.uk
DEPUTY HEADTEACHER - QUALITY OF EDUCATION
REQURIED - SEPTEMBER 2021
L17 to L22 - £62,570 to £70,745 (subject to any pay awards)
The Governors wish to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic, and talented leader to be Deputy Headteacher of Quality of Education.
Due to the promotion of our existing Deputy Head to Headteacher, we are looking for an individual who will focus on providing the very best for every student and will positively contribute to our continued progress.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practising Catholic committed to carrying forward the Catholic and inclusive ethos of the school
- Have successful experience as an inspirational Senior Leader in a secondary school
- Have a passion for outstanding learning, inspiring students, and colleagues to be the best they can be
- Have the skills to innovate, lead and motivate all stakeholders to build further sustainable success
- Be committed to creating a caring environment that promotes academic, creative, and personal achievement, alongside spiritual and moral development
- Have high expectations of themselves, colleagues and students and the energy and determination to make a difference
Please note only Catholic Education Services application forms will be accepted.
Rehabilitation: The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request.
Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Please note CVs are not accepted, to apply for this vacancy you need to complete an application form.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
Closing date Friday 14th May at 12 noon
Shortlisting Tuesday 18th May
Interview Dates Monday 24th May and Tuesday 25th May
- Essential Qualifications
- Qualified teacher status
- Desirable Qualifications
- - CCRS/CTC or commitment to obtaining the certificate
- Essential Experience
- Practising Catholic
- Leading school worship
- A commitment to strategic thinking and planning that builds, communicates and carries forward a coherent and shared vision for the Catholic ethos of the school
- Evidence of appropriate professional development for the role of Deputy Headteacher
- Evidence of recent leadership and management professional development
- Has successfully undertaken appropriate school-directed annual Child Protection training
- Desirable Experience
- Involvement in parish community
- Has successfully undertaken Designated Safeguarding Lead Training
- Has completed the Catholic Leadership Programme or has a commitment to doing so
- Has completed the Catholic Middle Leadership Programme or has a commitment to doing so
- To be able to demonstrate successful/effective leadership in a school in a similar community / facing similar challenges
- To have involvement in or understanding of financial management in a school
- Proposed Interview Date:
For an informal discussion please contact:Please contact Mrs Helen Hall, Headteacher on 07375 367 736.
To arrange a school visit please contact Barbara Clarke, School Business Manager on 07375 324 661 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Barbara Clarke, School Business Manager - email@example.com.
Return to: Barbara Clarke, School Business Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.