ASSISTANT HEADTEACHER (INCLUSION)
|Grade||L4 - L9|
|Perm / Temp||Permanent|
|Required||From September 2021 |
|Closing Date||12pm 14/12/2020 |
THE BLESSED SACRAMENT CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL. PRESTON
Farringdon Lane , Ribbleton , Preston , Lancashire , PR2 6LX
Tel: 01772 792572
School website: www.blessedsacrament.lancs.sch.uk
Following a period of challenge and change, the Governors of The Blessed Sacrament Catholic Primary School are looking for a dynamic, organised individual to join our Senior Leadership Team in the post of Assistant Headteacher.
The successful candidate will become a vital member of the SLT, taking responsibility for Inclusion and Diversity across the school including the following areas:
- Special Educational Needs (SENDCO)
- Disadvantaged (Pupil Premium Lead)
- Additional Learning Needs (ALNCO)
- Children Looked After
- English as an Additional Language
The post will include a teaching commitment of 0.4 FTE
We are looking for:
- A colleague who is committed to upholding the Catholic ethos of the school
- Experience in Inclusion
- A holder of the NASENCO qualification or one who is committed to obtaining this
- High expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
- Passion about children's learning and wellbeing
- Ability to form and maintain positive relationships
- Ability to support and challenge others in order to raise standards of teaching, learning and attainment for all children
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to working in partnership with Governors, staff, parents and the community
We can offer you:
- A well-resourced, attractive working environment
- Enthusiastic children
- A school committed to improvement
- A positive ethos and motivated staff who are committed to offering the best opportunities for all children
- A supportive and active governing body with a clear vision for the future of the school;
- An exciting professional development opportunity.
If you think this could be the job for you, contact Kelly Hannah, Headteacher for an informal chat and the opportunity to look around our busy school.
The school is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its children and staff. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: 14/12/2020
School Visit: 05/01/2021
Interview date: 06/01/2021
Application forms are returnable to the school.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
More Information can be found at www.blessedsacrament.lancs.sch.uk
- Essential Qualifications
- Desirable Qualifications
- Essential Experience
- Teaching experience in Primary School
- Proposed Interview Date:
For an informal discussion please contact:Please call Kelly Hannah, Headteacher on 01772 792572 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Return forms to the Headteacher at the School.
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.