SCIENCE TEACHER (TEMPORARY - FULL ACADEMIC YEAR)
|Grade||Teacher's Pay Range|
|Perm / Temp||Temporary|
|Required||From Sept 2021  |
|Hours||32.5 per week|
LANCASHIRE TEACHING AGENCY PRESTON
Location - Preston Area
Lancashire County Council have a successful ongoing partnership with Reed Education to provide Whole School Recruitment to Secondary Schools across Lancashire. As a result, Reed Education are seeking a Full Time Science Teacher starting in September 2021 at a school in Preston. The role covers Full Time hours and is for the duration of the Full Academic year.
The successful applicant must:
- Must have QTS or equivalent
- Must have recent relevant experience of teaching all three Sciences at KS3 and KS4, KS5 in any would be an advantage
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner with strong subject knowledge and classroom management skills
- Be reliable, committed and interested in working with students and demonstrate the qualities of a good role model (qualities of compassion, trustworthiness, politeness and good listening skills)
- Have good interpersonal skills; be trustworthy, punctual as well as being patient and confident when working with children.
- High quality training and support
- Opportunities to work across a number of schools
- Competitive rates of pay in line with Teacher Pay Scale
- Dedicated consultant to support you within your role
Reed are committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services.
Reed is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
- Must have QTS or equivalent
For an informal discussion please contact:For more information please call 01772 567302
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Applications are by CV to Lancashire.firstname.lastname@example.org. .
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.